EVENT WAIVER (updated: 1 JUNE 2021)
1) EVENT ORGANISER
PIRATA GROUP (“Organiser”)
1/F The Factory, 1 Yip Fat Street, Wong Chuk Hang, Hong Kong
ORGANISER CONTACT DETAILS
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org , Phone: +852 5663 1230
as described below.
IT IS HEREBY AGREED BY THE ORGANISER AND THE PARTICIPANT THAT:
To our Pirata Group Participant:
1. Please fully review and acknowledge the below agreement as your future legal rights will be affected.
2. By registering and participating in any Pirata Group Organised Event you acknowledge and agree all terms set forth below have been fully understood by you and will be adhered to at all times.
3. Our events include, but are not limited to: road & trail races, training sessions, local and overseas retreats.
To the ORGANISER, its directors, employees, partners, agents, sponsors and associates:
By entering and participating at the Pirata Group Event organized by you (“Event”), I, and any of my personal representatives, assigns, heirs, executors, successors and next of kin, accept the rules, conditions, and regulations of the Event and will comply with them at all times:
1. I acknowledge that I am responsible for myself at this event and I have purchased adequate private travel insurance for the Pirata Group Event to cover all medical expenses, loss of property, personal liability, trip-cancellation, or travel-delay expenses that may arise from the Event.
2. I acknowledge that by signing up for a charity event, any charity donation is non-refundable and I hereby waive my right to any cash refund policy offered during registration.
2. I understand that by participating in the Event there are risks of injury, death, and/or property loss. I hereby enter the Event at my own risk and responsibility. I discharge the Organiser and any other individual or organisation connected directly or indirectly with the Event from any responsibility in the event of loss of property incurred, during, or as a consequence of my participation in the Event, or while travelling to or from the Event.
3. I confirm that I have consulted a qualified medical practitioner and I am physically fit and capable of participating in this Event. I am not pregnant or suffering from heart disease, high blood pressure, or other chronic diseases which will render me unfit to participate in the Event. I acknowledge that the Organiser has the right to disallow, disqualify or suspend me from participating in the Event at any time and without compensation if the Organiser is aware of my above medical condition.
4. I understand and accept that the risks include the fact I may become injured or incapacitated in a location in another country. I consent to receive medical treatment which may be deemed necessary by the Organiser during the Event, and I agree to indemnify the Organiser for all costs relating to any medical treatment, transportation and/or evacuation that will be applied to me if I am injured in the Event.
5. I permit the use of my name and other data collected from me during the Event, in photos, broadcasts, newspapers, brochures, on-line media and other marketing activities related to the Pirata Group events by the Organiser, the Organiser’s partners, agents, sponsors and associates.
6. If I am registering a child under the age of 18 or an incapacitated adult, I represent and warrant that I am the parent or legal guardian of that participant, and I have the legal authority to enter into this Agreement on that participant’s behalf. By proceeding with registration for the Event, I agree that the terms of this Agreement shall apply equally to that participant. Each participant agreeing to this Agreement for him/ herself and/or on behalf of another participant agrees to indemnify, defend, and hold the Organiser harmless from any liability, claim, demand, cause of action, damage, loss, or expense (including all legal costs) of any kind or nature arising from his/her participation in the Event.
7. I hereby waive, release, covenant not to sue and forever discharge the Organiser for all liabilities, claims, actions, or damages that I may have against the Organiser arising out of or in any way connected with my registration and/or participation in the Event, including without limitation any liabilities, claims, actions, or damages caused by the negligence of the Organiser, including any negligent rescue attempt, action or inaction to such extent as permissible by law.
8. I acknowledge that the Organiser shall not be liable to me for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages, including, but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data or other intangible losses (even if the Organiser has been advised of the possibility of such damages), resulting from: (a) the use or the inability to use the Organiser’s sites, products or services; (b) the cost of procurement of substitute goods and services resulting from any goods, data, information or services purchased or obtained or messages received or transactions entered into through or from the Organiser’s sites; (c) my participation in any promotion or program coordinated by the Organiser; (d) personal injury not caused by the Organiser’s act or negligence; (e) unauthorized access to or alteration of my transmissions or data; (f) statements or conduct of any third party on the Organiser’s sites; (g) any other matter relating to the Organiser’s sites, or the Organiser’s products or services; or (h) my participation in the Event. I agree that the Organiser’s maximum liability to me, for any reason or cause whatsoever and to such extent as permissible by law, shall not exceed the total amount of monies received by the Organiser from me.
9. I agree that the laws of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region shall apply to this Agreement, and to submit all disputes arising from this Agreement to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region.
10. I confirm that I have read and understood the terms of this Agreement by signing below. I acknowledge that I should consult my own legal advisor before entering into this Agreement.
Would you like to set your preferred currency to ?